About Me

My photo
I am a Mommy of three, obsessed with photography, passionate about creating and crazy about my family I love learning and reinventing myself- trying to be the best person/wife/mom that I could be.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes




One of my favorite desserts is Pineapple Upside Down Cake (I get the love for that cake from my dad) (:
But I sometimes find it to be a bit dry and I hate that not everyone can get a slice of cake with a cherry as well.  But then I came across mini pineapple upside down cakes on Pinterest (I am obsessed!) and had to give it a go! So I made them yesterday while we stayed at home because of a tropical storm in our area.

Rainy days at home sometimes are the best! We had a great day building a huge tent in the living room using sheets and blankets and it kept the kids busy for hours! (:  The part of the day was eating these little beauties after a yummy dinner of steak, orzo pasta with parmigiana and basil, baked potatoes, peas and glazed carrots. YUM!

I had to bring some over to my grandma and share because they were so delicious! (Since my dad was not in town to enjoy them!)

Here is the recipe for the cake:

Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
1 Small box of vanilla instant pudding mix
4 Eggs
1 Cup of water
1 Cup of pineapple juice
1/2 Cup of vegetable oil

Mix all together in mixer for 2 minutes

Then you need:

1/3 Cup of butter
1/2 Cup of brown sugar
1 Tb of clear corn syrup (not needed, just personal preference!)
Jar of maraschino cherries
1 Can of pineapple tidbits

Coat cupcake/muffin pan with butter.
Melt butter in skillet on medium and then stir in brown sugar in butter and add corn syrup. Stir till well combined and then pour butter/brown sugar mixture into cupcake tins until bottom is covered and then layer in the pineapple pieces and place a cherry in the middle of the pineapples.  Pour in just enough cake batter until cherry and pineapple pieces are covered/ (1/3 full)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes depending on your oven.
Hope you enjoy! (I SURE DID!!)

Photos from our tent building adventure (:

Here the kids are having fun in their giant tent in the living room (:





No comments:

Post a Comment